How Better Sleep Helps You Burn Fat
Why Sleep Matters
♥ How to Get Better Sleep
- Don’t eat or drink two to three hours before bedtime. You’ll give your body a break from having to digest a large amount of foods. Your sleep will be more sound if your body can relax. Side benefit: you won’t have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
- Create a sleep ritual. Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time every day. Do the same things each night. For example, brush your teeth, wash your face, and read a book for ten minutes before turning the lights out.
- Try to sleep seven hours each night, but don’t oversleep.
- Remove all electronic devices from your bedroom, as they tend to stimulate your brain. This would include TV, iPad, mP3 players, laptops and phones. Give your body and mind a chance to relax and sleep without beeps, lights, and/or sounds that wake you.
- Do not take any food or beverage in the afternoon that has a stimulant in it. If you normally have a coffee or tea in the afternoon then switch to decaf. Caffeine can stay in your system for several hours and can definitely affects the quality of your sleep.